You are here
Influence of the fodder additive «Microstymulin» on the resistance and metabolism of broiler chickens at experi-mental pseudomonosis
Introduction. An important direction in the improvement of veterinary and prophylactic measures is the development and introduction into production of new preparations having bioactive properties and regulatory influence on the growth and development of birds, the intensity of metabolic processes, the ability to enhance the functional activity of organs and systems of the body, increase the level of natural resistance of the organism animals. In modern poultry breeding bacterial diseases of the bird cause great damage. In recent years, there have been significant changes in the structure of pathogens of infectious diseases of farm animals and poultry. The number of diseases caused by conditionally pathogenic microflora, in particular gram-negative microflora, has been increased, among which the Pseudomonas aeruginosa occupies a significant place.
One of the modern ecologically safe means which used to increase non-specific resistance, strengthen immunity, non-specific prevention of bacterial and viral diseases, stimulation of metabolic processes, to activate immunological reactions in diseases of different etiologies is nanomicroelement feed additive «Microstimulin».
Study of the effect of nanomicroelement feed additive «Microstimulin» on the resistance and metabolism of chicken broilers at experimental pseudomonosis.
The research were conducted in the Balakliya Regional State Laboratory of Veterinary Medicine (Kharkiv region) and the Laboratory of Biochemistry of NSC «IECVM» (Kharkiv).
The feed additive «Microstimulin» was given to chickens aged 14 days (cross Cobb 500) per os 1 time per day in a dose of 1 ml/l with drinking water for 14 days. At day 12 of the experiment, we infected chickens with culture P. aeruginosa intraperitoneally at a dose of 300,000 CFU/ml in modeled pseudomonas infection groups. Slaughter of chickens was carried out in accordance with the principles of humanity by decapitation method on the 15th day of the experiment in 29 day old chicks.
The determination of action of the feed additive «Microstimulin» on biochemical processes in the organism of conditionally healthy poultry and at experimental pseudomonas infection was carried out in a complex manner, based on the indicators of congenital immunity, protein metabolism and activity of hepatospecific enzymes AST and ALT.
The biological effect of the feed additive «Microstimulin» on the organism of conditionally healthy bird was characterized by a decrease in the albumin level by 19.0% (p ≤ 0.05) and an increase in the concentration of γ-globulin by 12.9%, a marked increase in the synthesis of circulating immune complexes (CIC) (by 44.4% ) and the elimination of seromucoids (Sm), whose level was reduced by 14.2%, and increased lysozyme activity by 9.1% relative to intact chickens.
The «Microstimulin» administration resulted in a decrease in the activity of ALT (by 26.1%) and an increase in the synthesis of urea (by 34.9%) and uric acid (by 75.7%). However, all the established changes were within the limits of the physiological norm, except for urea, the level of which exceeded the control values by 36.2%.
The application of the feed additive at experimental pseudomonas compared with the control provided an increase in the concentration of total protein by 13.8%, β- and γ-globulins by 25.0% and 36.1%, urea and uric acid by 13.5% and 36 , 9% respectively. In this case, the marked decrease in serum ALT activity was detected by 34.8% and the tendency towards decrease of AST (by 7.8%). The study established an increase in the level of CIC by 22.2%, Sm by 14.2% and lysozyme activity by 13.6%, and inhibition of AST and ALT activity. The values of these indicators were lower than controls by 34.8% (p ≤ 0.05) and 7.8% respectively. Comparison of the indicators of the metabolic status of chicken broilers in this group with physiological norms shows that the limits of normal values were exceeded for total protein (by 3.0%), γ-globulin (by 16.7%) and urea (by 14.7%).
Conclusions. The feed additive «Microstimulin» has a pronounced influence on metabolic processes, in particular protein metabolism, and on the state of the system of congenital immunity of poultry.
In the organism of intact bird, the feed additive «Microstimulin» causes similar changes in the level of such mediators of the immune response, as CIC average molecular weight and seromucoids.
The use of «Microstimulin» induces pronounced changes in the level of the protein through increased globulin fractions, and increased lysozyme activity.
The investigated means also helps to reduce the manifestations of pathogenetic effects of P. aeruginosa on the bird organism.
Keywords: broiler chickens, «Microstymulin», ALT, AST, CIC, seromucoids, total protein, protein fractions, pseudomonosis, P. aeruginosa.
- Avdos'jeva, I. K., Regenchuk, V. V., Mel'nychuk, I. L. (2012). Vplyv dobavky mikrolementnoi' kormovoi' Mikrostymulin na efektyvnist' vakcynacii' brojleriv proty virusnyh zahvorjuvan' [Influence of microlement feed supplement microstimulin on the effectiveness of broiler vaccination against viral diseases]. Veterynarna biotehnologija [Veterinary biotechnology], no 21, pp. 192–196. (in Ukrainian).
- Fotina, G. A. (2015). Farmako-toksykologichna ta klinichna ocinka himiko-terapevtychnyh zasobiv dlja shemy rotacii' v ptahivnyctvi : avtoref. dys. na zdobuttja nauk. stupenja d. vet. n [Pharmacokinetic and toxicological and clinical evaluation of chemical and therapeutic agents for the rotation scheme in poultry: author's abstract. dis for obtaining sciences. the degree of wind power n]: 16.00.04. L'viv, 2015, 41 p. (in Ukrainian).
- Verzhyhovs'kyj, O.M., Mandygra, M. S., Bojko, O. P. (2007). Epizootychnyj monitoryng. Psevdomonozna infekcija tvaryn i ptyci. Dynamika napruzhenosti epizootychnoi' sytuacii' v Ukrai'ni (1991–2006) [Epizootic monitoring. Pseudomonas infection of animals and birds. Dynamics of tension in the epizootic situation in Ukraine (1991-2006).]. Visnyk Poltavs'koi' derzhavnoi' agrarnoi' akademii' [Newsletter of the Poltava State Agrarian Academy], 2007, no 4, pp. 97–100. (in Ukrainian).
- Fotina, T. I . The level of pathogen contamination of eggs during storage. XII International congress of the world veterynary poultry. Cairo, Egypt. 2001, p. 237.
- Some studies on pseudomonas species in chicken embryos and broilers in assiut governorate. Animal Health Research Institute, Assiut Provincial Laboratory, Ass. Univ. Bull. Environ. Res, 2004, Vol. 7, no 1 .
- Manal, M., El-Jakee, J., Abo-Alyazeed, H., Mossa, I. Preparation and evaluation of protective efficacy of pseudomonas aeruginosa irradiated vaccine in chickens. Vet. Med. J. Giza, 2002, Vol.50, no 4, pp. 709–714.
- Walker, S.E., Sander, J.E., Cline, J.L., Helton, J.S. Characterisation of Pseudomonas aeruginosa associated with mortality in broiler chicks. Avian Disease, 2002, Vol.46, no 4, pp. 1045–1050.
- Vashchyk, YE. V. (2009). Vyvchennya biolohichnykh vlastyvostey kulʹtur P. aeruginosa, izolʹovanykh vid embrioniv ta kurchat z ptakhohospodarstv Slobozhanshchyny [Study of biological properties of P. aeruginosa cultures isolated from embryos and chickens from Slobozhanshchyna poultry farms]. Visnyk Sumsʹkoho NAU, ser. «Veterynarna medytsyna» [Visnyk of Sumy NAU, ser. "Veterinary Medicine"], Sumy, no 2 (23), pp. 5–8. (in Ukrainian).
- Zon, G. A., Vashchyk, Ye. V., Moroz, O. S. (2010). Doslidzhennya imunorezystentnoho statusu ta reaktsiyi orhaniv imunnoyi systemy pry eksperymentalʹnomu psevdomonozi ptytsi [Investigation of immunoregressive status and reaction of organs of the immune system in an experimental pseudomonosis of poultry]. Veterynarna medytsyna: Mizhvid. temat. nauk. zb. Kharkiv [Veterinary Medicine: Interstate. thematic sciences save Kharkiv], no 93, pp. 178–182. (in Ukrainian).
- Berezovsʹkyy, A. V., Fotina, H. A., Kovalenko, A. V. (2012). Nanoakvakhelaty mikroelementiv – yak alʹternatyva antybiotykam u systemi profilaktyky bakterioziv ptytsi [Nanoparticles of trace elements – as an alternative to antibiotics in the system of prophylaxis of poultry bacteriosis]. Ptakhivnytstvo: mizhvid. temat. nauk. zb. KH.[Poultry breeding: intersection. thematic sciences save Kh.], Vol. 68, pp. 22–28. (in Ukrainian).
- Berezovskiy, A. V., Fotina, H. A., Kovalenko, A. V. (2014). Determination of protective mikrostimulin capacity in poueltry. Microelements in medicine. Moscow [Mikroelementy v meditsine.], T. 15, Vol. 2, pp. 18-21.
- Berezovskiy, A. V., Fotina, H. A., Kovalenko, A. V. Determination of protective capacity Microstimulinin experimental infectious synovitis chickens. Ahrarnyy visnyk Prychornomorʺya: zbirn. nauk. pratsʹ «Veterynarni nauky». [Agrarian Bulletin of the Black Sea Region: Collective. sciences works of "Veterinary Science"], O., 2013, Vol. 68, pp. 14-20.
- Kyrychenko, V. M., Yatsenko, I. V. (2018). Dynamika zhyvoyi masy kurchat-broyleriv za zbahachennya ratsionu kompleksom nanomikroelementiv v aspekti veterynarno-sanitarnoyi ekspertyzy [Dynamics of live weight of chicken-broilers for enriching the diet with a complex of nanomicroelements in the aspect of veterinary and sanitary examination]. Ahrarna nauka ta osvita v umovakh yevrointehratsiyi: zbirnyk naukovykh pratsʹ mizhnar. nauk.-prakt. konf.[ Agrarian science and education in the conditions of European integration: a collection of scientific papers intern. science-practice conf.]. Part 2 (March 20-22, Kamyanets-Podilskyi city). Ternopil: Krok, pp. 53-55. (in Ukrainian).
- Kyrychenko, V. M., Yatsenko, I. V., Hetmanetsʹ, O. M. (2015). Modelyuvannya protsesiv rostu kurchat-broyleriv za zbahachennya ratsionu nanomikroelementnoyu kormovoyu dobavkoyu «Mikrostymulin» pid chas vidhodivli [Hetmanets
O. M. Modeling of growth processes of broiler chickens for ration enrichment with nanomicroelement feed supplement "Microstimulin" during fattening]. Naukovyy visnyk NUBiP Ukrayiny. Seriya: Veterynarna medytsyna, yakistʹ i bezpeka produktsiyi tvarynnytstva [Scientific Bulletin of NUBiP of Ukraine. Series: Veterinary Medicine, Quality and Safety of Livestock Products], no 217, pp. 204–209. (in Ukrainian).
- Fotina, H. A., Kovalenko, A. V. (2012). Vyznachennya likuvalʹno-profilaktychnoyi efektyvnosti novoho preparatu «Mikrostymulin» za eksperymentalʹnoho esherykhiozu kurchat [Determination of the therapeutic and preventive effectiveness of the new drug "Microstimulin" for experimental chicken escherichia coli] . Visnyk Zhytomyrsʹkoho nats. Ahroekolohichnoho universytetu. Seriya: Vet. Medytsyna [Bulletin of Zhytomyr National University Agroecological University. Series: Vet. medicine], Aug. 2 (31), T. 1, pp. 151-156. (in Ukrainian).
- Fotina, A. A., Berezovskiy, A. V. (2013). Opredeleniye effektivnosti mikrostimulina pri eksperimental'nom infektsionnom sinovite [Determination of the effectiveness of microstymulin in experimental infectious synovitis].Urgent problems of conducting agricultural manufacture inarid to azone the centre the Asian region: mat. оf thein tern. Scient.-prac. conf. Novosibirsk, pp. 228–232.
- Yatsenko, I. V., Kyrychenko, V. M. (2015). Dynamika pokaznykiv svizhosti mʺyasa kurchat-broyleriv za zbahachennya ratsionu nanomikroelementnoyu kormovoyu dobavkoyu "Mikrostymulin" [Dynamics of indicators of freshness of chicken-broiler meat for enriching the ration of nanomicroelemental feed supplement "Microstimulin]. Visnyk Sumsʹkoho natsionalʹnoho ahrarnoho universytetu. Seriya : Veterynarna medytsyna [Bulletin of the Sumy National Agrarian University. Series: Veterinary Medicine], Vol. 7, pp. 65–69. (in Ukrainian).
- Yatsenko, I. V., Kyrychenko, V. M. (2014). Biosensorna kharakterystyka mʺyasa kurchat-broyleriv ta mʺyasnoho bulʹyonu za zbahachennya ratsionu nanomikroelementnoyu kormovoyu dobavkoyu "Mikrostymulin" [Biosensor characteristic of chicken-broiler meat and meat broth for enriching the ration of nanomicroelement feed supplement "Microstimulin"]. Problemy zooinzheneriyi ta veterynarnoyi medytsyny [Problems of zoinengineering and veterinary medicine], no. 29 (2),
pp. 218–227. (in Ukrainian).
- Ezekowiz, R. A., Hofmann, J. A. (1996). Innate immunity. Cur. Opim. Immunol. Vol. 8, pp. 82.
- Krasochko, P.A. (2008). Immunokorrektsiya v veterinarnoy meditsine [Immunocorrection in veterinary medicine]. Minsk «Tekhnoperspektiva», 507 p. (in Russian)
- Liszeweki, M.K. Complement system and immune complex diseases. In. Intern. Med. Boston. 1990, pp. 76.
- Wojcik, R. (2010). Effect of brewers' yeast (Saccharomyces cerevisiae) extract on selected parameters of humoral and cellular immunity in Iambs. Bull.Veter.Inst.in Pulawy, Vol. 54, no 2, pp. 181–187.
- Royt, A., Brostoff, Dzh., Meyl, D. (2000). Immunologiya [Immunology]. M.: Mir [. Moscow: Mir], pp. 241–242. (in Russian)
- Byshevskiy, A. SH., Tersenov, O. A. (1994). Biokhimiya dlya vrachey [Biochemistry for Physicians]. Yekaterinburg: Ural'skiy rabochiy [Ekaterinburg: The Urals Worker], 269 p. (in Russian)
- Kondrakhin I. P. (1985). Klinicheskaya laboratornaya diagnostika v veterinarii [Clinical laboratory diagnostics in veterinary science], M., 115 p. (in Russian)
- Men'shikov, V.V. (1987). Laboratornyye metodicheskiye issledovaniya v klinike [Laboratory methodical studies in the clinic], 90 p. (in Russian)
- Yablonsʹkyy, V., Yablonsʹka, O. (2007). Naukoznavstvo. Osnovy naukovykh doslidzhenʹ u tvarynnytstvi ta veterynarniy medytsyni [Science of science. Fundamentals of scientific research in livestock and veterinary medicine], K., 332 p. (in Ukrainian).
- Nasonov, I. V., Buyko, N. V., Lizun, R. P. (2014). Metodicheskiye rekomendatsii po gematologicheskim i biokhimicheskim issledovaniyam u kur sovremennykh krossov [Methodological recommendations on hematological and biochemical studies in chickens of modern crosses], Minsk, 32 p. (in Russian)
- Klenina, N. V., German, V. V., Antonov, V. S. Metodicheskiye rekomendatsii po opredeleniyu immunorezistentnogo statusa u broylerov [Methodical recommendations for the determination of immunore-resistant status in broilers]. Kharkov, 1989, 12 p. (in Russian)
- Levchenko, V.I. (2004). Klinichna diahnostyka vnutrishnikh khvorob tvaryn [Clinical diagnostics of internal animal diseases], Belaya Tserkov, 608 p. (in Ukrainian).