You are here
Monitoring of changes in mineral and vitamin metabolism under the influence of feed additive in piglets with experimental associated mycotoxicosis
Toxicobiological effect of mycotoxins association of the Penicillium and Fusarium fungus (T-2 toxin at a concentration of 0.1 mg/kg, fumonisin B1 ‒ 0.5 mg/kg, vomitoxin (DON) ‒ 0.1 mg/kg, penicillic acid ‒ 1 mg/kg) was accompanied by the development of a complex pathological process in weaned piglets. In this regard, the detoxification and sorption capacity of the complex feed additive "Harufix+" based on mannanoligosaccharides was studied. The additive effect on the resorptive activity of mineral and vitamin nutrients of feed under the normal feeding conditions and in case of contamination with mycotoxins has been studied. The use of enterosorbent offset the toxic effects of micromycete metabolites, which contributed to the growth of piglets. Thus, weight growth rate increase of the piglets in group 1 (i.e., those whose diet included the additive, unlike the diet of the animals in control group) constituted 16 %, while their average weight growth rate was high and constituted 1.96 kg per day. In addition, during the study of calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, ferum, zinc, copper and manganese in the piglets blood was not found excretion of these elements with a sorbent, moreover, noted the normalization their blood level. The study content of vitamins A and E, the same as with mineral nutrients, has not been established decrease during treatment with study the pharmaceutical. The obtained results testify the active absorption in the gastrointestinal tract of the vitamin components within the fodder combined with fodder additive “Harufix+” and high biological accessibility of its transport forms. The efficiency of the additive can be explained by its composition, namely the complex of mineral and organic components that are formed by modification of the organic cations of the mineral surface. Key words: mycotoxins, mycotoxicosis, macro- and microelements, sorbent, vitamin metabolism, piglets.
- Abdallah, M.F., Girgin, G., Baydar, T. (2015). Occurrence, prevention, and limitation of mycotoxins in feeds. Anim. Nutr. Feed Technol. 15, pp. 471–490.
- Gruber-Dorninger, C., Jenkins, T., Schatzmayr, G. (2019). Global mycotoxin occurrence in feed: A ten-year survey.Toxins. 11, 375 p.
- Vyslanko, O.O., Zinoviev, S.H., Hyria, V.M. (2010). Efektyvnist vykorystannia novoho sorbentu mikotoksyniv u svynarstvi [Efficiency of using a new sorbent of mycotoxins in pig breeding]. Visnyk Poltavskoi derzhavnoi ahrarnoi akademii [Bulletin of the Poltava State Agrarian Academy]. no. 2, pp. 107‒110.
- Paterson, R.R., Lima, N. (2010). Toxicology of Mycotoxins. Molecular, Clinical and Environmental Toxicology. Vol. 100, pp. 31–63.
- Whitlow, L.W., Hagler, W.M. (2008). Mold and mycotoxin issues in dairy cattle: Effects, prevention and treatment. Southeast Dairy Herd Mgmt Conf., Macon, GA. Jr. pp 80‒89.
- Mueller, G., Kielstein, H., Rosner, A. (1999). Studies of the influence of combined administration of ochratoxin A, fumonisin B1, deoxynivalenol and T-2 toxin on immune and defence reactions in weaner pigs. Mycoses. Vol. 42, pp. 485–493.
- Harvey, R.B., Edrington, T.S., Kubena, L.F. (1996). Effects of dietary fumonisin Vh-containing culture material, deoxynivalenol contaminated wheat, or their combination on growing barrows. Am. J. Vet. Res. no. 57, pp. 1790–1794.
- Liu, B.H., Yu, F.Y., Chan, M.H. (2002). The effects of mycotoxins, fumonisin B1 and aflatoxin B1, on primary swine alveolar macrophage. Toxicol. Appl. Pharmacol. Vol. 180, pp. 197‒204.
- Swamy, H.V.L.N., Smith, T.K., MacDonald, H.J. (2004). Effect of feeding blends of grains naturally contaminated with Fusarium mycotoxins on brain regional neurochemistry of starter pigs and broiler chickens. Anim. Sci. Vol. 82, pp. 2131–2139.
- Dyaz, D. (2006). Mikotoksiny i mikotoksikozy [Mycotoxins and mycotoxicoses]. M .: Printing town, 382 p.
- Schell, T.C., Lindemann, M.D., Kornegay, E.T., Blodgett, D.J. (1993). Effects of feeding aflatoxin-contaminated diets with and without clay to weanling and growing pigs on performance, liver function, and mineral metabolism. J. Anim. Sci. 71, pp. 1209–1218.
- Ivan, M., Dayrell, D.S., Hidiroglou, M. (1992). Effects of bentonite and monensin on selected elements in the stomach and liver of fauna-free and faunated sheep. J. Dairy Sci. 75, pp. 201–208.
- Chestnut, A.B., Anderson, P.D., Cochran, M.A., Fribourg, H.A., Gwinn, K.D. (1992). Effects of hydrated sodium calcium aluminosilicate on fescue toxicosis and mineral absorption. J. Anim. Sci. 70, pp. 2838–2846.
- CAST, Council for Agricultural Science and Technology. (2003). Mycotoxins: Risks in plant, animal and human systems. Task Force Report. Ames, IA. no. 139.
- Fedak, N.M., Vovk, Ya.S., Chumachenko, S.P., Dushara, Y.V. (2012). Mineral'nye veshhestva v kormlenii sel'skohozjajstvennyh zhivotnyh [Minerals in the feeding of farm animals]. Predgornoe i gornoe zemledelie i zhivotnovodstvo [Foothill and mountain agriculture and animal husbandry]. no. 54(1), pp. 128–135.
- Apukhovska, L.I., Nikiforova, T.M., Romanova, S.A. (2004). Dozozalezhnyi vplyv vitaminu E na obmin kholekaltsyferolu v orhanyzmi [Dose-dependent effect of vitamin E on the metabolism of cholecalciferol in the body]. Visnyk Bilotserkiv. derzh. ahrar. un-tu. [Bulletin of Bila Tserkva State Agrarian University]. Bila Tserkva, Issue 29, pp. 3–15.
- Kondrakhin, I.P. (2010). Metabolichnyi syndrom: suchasne uiavlennia, perspektyvy vykorystannia [Metabolic syndrome: modern idea, prospects of use]. Biolohiia tvaryn [Animal biology]. Lviv, Vol. 12 (№ 2), pp. 63–66.
- Levchenko, V.I., Vlizlo, V.V., Kondrakhin, I.P. (2019). Veterynarna klinichna biokhimiia: pidruchnyk [Veterinary clinical biochemistry: a textbook]. Bila Tserkva: BNAU, 416 p.
- Marchenkov, F.S., Storozhuk, T.V. (2010). Helatnye mikrojelementy ‒ vazhnyj komponent kombikormov i premiksov [Chelated trace elements are an important component of compound feed and premixes]. Zernovye produkty i kombikorma [Cereals and compound feed]. no. 1. pp. 37–38.
- Kamyshnikov, V.S. (2004). Spravochnik po kliniko-biohimicheskim issledovanijam i laboratornoj diagnostike [Reference book on clinical and biochemical research and laboratory diagnostics]. M .: MEDpress-inform, 920 p.